About the Scholarship
Clements Worldwide is pleased to announce the launch of its 5th annual Expat Youth Scholarship (EYS) contest. Designed exclusively for students aged 13 to 18 experiencing life in foreign countries amidst unfamiliar cultures, the EYS contest is a testament to Clements' ongoing commitment to the international expatriate community. Clements Worldwide will award US $10,000.00 in scholarship funds to the winners of this year's contest, so join today at facebook.com/expatyouth and spread the word!
- Students ages 13-18 of any nationality who have resided in a foreign country for at least two consecutive years are eligible to apply.
- You must have lived outside your home country (country of passport). If you have more than one passport, your home country is the country that issued you your first passport.
- Video must be an original and developed by the participating contestants, meaning that the video must not be the work or property of another person or corporation.
There is no experience like living in a foreign country to introduce you to new cultures and open your eyes to the greater world around you. By immersing yourself fully in a new culture, you can gain invaluable insight into the challenges facing people from all walks of life. You may even come to develop your own ideas on how to contribute to the global community.
This year we are asking participants to reflect on their time abroad and show through the use of video how you will use your enriching, cross-cultural experiences to make the world a better place. .
To participate and have a chance at winning a scholarship, eligible contestants should:
1. Go to facebook.com/expatyouth and “Like” the page
2. Create a 1:30-2:00 minute video showing how you will use your experience living abroad to make the world a better place.
3. Submit the video at Facebook.com/expatyouth at the Contest application.
A few things to keep in mind are:
-The video should be dynamic and demonstrate through interesting footage and visuals your passion about your goal and what positive impact it will have on the world. Be sure to show rather than tell in the first-person
- The video should be between 1:30 -2:00 minutes.
- Last but not least… have fun!
Entries will be judged by -Originality and style of the video. -The scholarship entrant's ability to articulate their objective impact on the world, the means through. which they plan to pursue this goal, and how it will benefit society. -Production quality and ability to successfully combine facts with inspirational content
Clements is awarding a total of $10,000 in scholarships to six students in the following categories:
Category One (Ages 13 -15)
Category Two (Ages 16 – 18)
Submitting your Entry
Final submissions) will only be accepted online at facebook.com/expatyouth for consideration. Limit: one video entry per entrant, please.
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
To enter or stay updated "like" EYS on Facebook!